View a list of our diverse practice’s recent victories.
To Schedule Your Consultation 516-512-6333
Our practice at The Gold Law Firm, PC, is extensive and extremely diverse. Listed here are some of our attorney’s recent victories.
Insurance Coverage and Defense
- On Appeal, overturned a $650,000 jury verdict, and obtained a ruling that landlords in New York cannot be held liable for failing to provide radiator covers.
- On Appeal, overturned a $220,000 liability verdict against a landlord whose fire escape collapsed under the plaintiff’s weight.
- A defense verdict in a labor law construction accident case where the firm represented all of the defendants, including the general contractor, the construction manager and the City of New York..
- An Appellate decision affirming the validity and effectiveness of our insurance company client’s classification limitation (This case has become one of the leading cases on the issue nationally and has recently been cited by the Supreme Courts of both Alaska and Nebraska).
- A Trial Court decision finding that our client did not have a duty to defend an insured, whose tenant’s pit bull attacked a business invitee, based upon a “care, custody and control of animals exclusion.”
- Obtained summary judgment for our client in a death case because the policy issued to its insured, a lumber yard, limited coverage to the premises and occurrences related thereto, and not to occurrences arising out of the insured’s business.
- Multiple Appellate decisions affirming summary judgment in favor of our clients in liability cases.
- Multiple Appellate Decisions reversing jury verdicts against our clients’ insured where the firm did not represent the insured at trial.
- Multiple trial-level decisions upholding the validity of our client “assault and battery” exclusion.
- Multiple favorable trial-level decisions involving indemnity contribution among carriers.
- Multiple favorable trial level decisions in liability cases.
- Recovered $1.9 million from an insurance company that claimed a policy lapsed.
- Obtained arbitration award of $190,000 in a construction dispute by demonstrating that our client’s termination from a job site was not for cause.
- Obtained a decision allowing our client to pursue a claim for legal fees against opposing counsel because of opposing counsel’s bad faith.
- Enjoined a start-up competitive company from utilizing our client’s customer list
- Obtained orders of indemnity from numerous contractors and subcontractors.
- Defeated a significant monetary claim on a surety bond by demonstrating among other things, that the principal’s identity had changed.
- Obtained recoveries from various sources for our client, an auto dealership, whose employee allegedly sold numerous vehicles significantly below market.
- Obtained a $500,000 recovery for an insurance carrier who discovered that a large commercial insured was surreptitiously insuring properties and businesses that it did not own.
- Recovered several hundred thousand dollars for our clients from individuals that breached real estate sale contracts.
- Obtained countless other affirmative recoveries in a wide range of commercial cases.